Save Gas. Get Green!
Have you ever wondered why your tank always seems to plunge back down
to ‘E’ when you could have sworn you JUST hit up the gas station?
Well, most of us don’t realize that our everyday habits could be costing not only us, but our planet too!
After researching some tips on how to save some fuel, I put together a little list of things that can be very helpful for you.
1) The most obvious is CARPOOLING! Riding with friends, co-workers, and family is fun and fuel-efficient!
2) Maintaining a regular speed and keeping your car at the legal limit not only insures safer driving, but it can reduce consumption by 15% because the resisting forces won’t be as strong
3) Lighten the load. Excess weight you could be carrying in the trunk or backseat can decrease your mileage more than you know!
4) If you plan on stopping for more than a minute, turning off the engine will consume less fuel than leaving the engine running.
5) Keeping the windows rolled up while driving on freeways or highways decreases the air drag. When the windows are down, 10% of your mileage is reduced.
6) Care is is the air! Make sure to keep your tire air pressures at the recommended levels because a single tire under inflated by 2 PSI can boost your fuel consumption by 1%.
7) AC/DCrease! Decreasing your usage of air conditioning can really relieve your engine of extra energy it has to give out. Around 20% can be relieved!
8) And finally, fuel-efficient vehicles are becoming more and more popular and well-designed so if you can invest in one of these green machines, you’ll be doing yourself and the planet a favor!
So the next time you’re cruising around town or headed out on a vacation, keep in mind these little tips that can help save you that extra money and can also save the planet from unnecessary emissions!