HEY, VALENTINE! DID YOU WAIT UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE?
Life gets busy. Holidays creep up on you faster than you realize. Valentine’s Day already? Didn’t we JUST have Thanksgiving? Hmmm…I thought so, too. Well, we can’t stop time, so here are some last minute gift ideas for your significant other. You can choose one, or combine a few of them. It just might keep you out of the doghouse. For now, anyway.
- Get them a gift card to their favorite store along with a bouquet of flowers, box of chocolates, or a six pack of beer. (It just depends what they would like the best.) Don’t forget the bow!
- If you are short on cash, go for a box of chocolates or something else edible that they would like accompanied by a HANDWRITTEN card declaring your love for them and how much they mean to you. It’s also nice to attach or enclose a sentimental picture that you guys took together. It makes it look like you made more of an effort!
- Take them out to dinner. It’s probably too late to make reservations anywhere, but you can try. During dinner, you can present them with a card and maybe some jewelry, a gift certificate to a day spa, or a new iPhone.
- Take them on a romantic date to the place where you first met. You can reminisce and rekindle your love for each other.
- Make them their favorite meal at home with a nice bottle of wine. Set the table all fancy, and make them feel like a King or Queen! Don’t forget dessert!
- Speaking of dessert…Ladies, buy your man some lingerie! Not for him to wear, but you. Trust me…he won’t complain.
- Don’t forget the kids! Kids are easy to please. Candy and/or toys make them happy. If you have a teenager, you might consider a handmade “coupon” or two. “No chores for one (1) day”. “Three (3) hours of quiet time away from your little brother(s) or sister(s).” Make it fun!
- For those of you that are single and hate Valentine’s Day, don’t be a hater! You DO have a Valentine! It’s YOU! We often neglect ourselves, so go buy yourself something you’ve been wanting. If you can’t think of anything, you could treat yourself to a mani/pedi, massage, or facial! Relaxation is a great gift to give yourself!
That should give you some good ideas so you can surprise your loved one!
HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY, EVERYONE! <3